Friday, July 27, 2012

God Always Heals


                          
And he said up to me, My grace is sufficient for thee: For My strength is mad perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
( II Corinthians 12:9)

     One of the most common question that plagues our minds when we find ourselves dealing with a chronic illness that won’t go away; “Do miracles of healing still happen or are they just something that we read about in the bible? “  You could ask me, after realizing the pain that I have gone through, while learning to dealing with my own illness; ” Do I believe that God HEALS?”  The answer is defiantly YES!  I believe more than ever that GOD ALWAYS HEALS .  I can say that honestly, despite that fact that I still suffer from the pain of  having a chronic illness. GOD ALWAYS HEALS!!! 

    The next question you could ask me is; “ How can I say   I have Crohn’s Disease, and still say that I have FAITH in God power to HEAL ?“   Many Christians, and I was one of them, have a mistaken conception concerning “ Healing”.  We all tend to  view Healing and Curing as the same thing. But they are not! Curing happens when a physical illness, or injury, gets measurable better. Healing , on the other hand ,is the process of becoming WHOLE!  In my study of people who are chronically ill, HEALING happens even when CURING is not possible. In fact, a person can be lying on their death bed, and still find God’s HEALING power in their life. How can this be?

     During  the healing process you reach a place of wholeness, of deep inner peace that passes all understanding.  From this heavenly place, inside your heart and mind,  you learn to deal with your illness with less fear and suffering. You face  your pain , with greater clarity and compassion for yourself. While curing is wonderful when it occurs, healing has a far more out reaching consequence.  Why? Because of the freedom it brings. The freedom from fear ! freedom to forgive others! freedom to love others! To love yourself! And to love God! Freedom to live “Life” to its fullest, even if your “Life” time on this earth is limited.
 
  Does this mean that we should not believe in the possibility that a miracle of curing will not happen? Does this mean that we should not expect a physical  manifestation of curing to enter our lives?  Unfortunately, in our  fascination with miraculous and sensational , we often fail to recognize the everyday miracles God engineers throughout our life time. Properly viewed, ever recovery from an illness or injury is a kind of “Divine Miracle”. The human body has an elaborate eternal system for fighting infections, repairing lacerated tissue, mending broken bones, and even repairing diseased tissue… As a result, in many cases of illness and injury the ability to be cured lies within our own body.

A matter of perspective

     I believe God always brings healing into our lives. Curing on the other hand is a matter of prospective. God can and sometimes does cure us through a sudden miracle . Or He can choose to cure us through a lengthy curing process. Or He may choose instead to give us His sufficient grace to endure a trial of illness that won’t go away. He may choose to use our illness and our ability to look upon it more positively, as a door way in order to help others.  People that are suffering the same kind of illness as we are, but are not dealing with it with any kind of grace. Or He may choose to cure us through deaths door.
What ever the form of curing God chooses to use, the choose is not really ours, despite what we have come to believe.

    When it comes to dealing with any chronic illness, we most first understand what true health is. This is the biblical definition of health Heal me , O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. ( Jeremiah 17:14)  Isaiah 53:5 tells us that Christ suffered and died to purchase our peace, peace with God , and peace with ourselves- and by His wounds we are healed. Ultimately true “Health” is being at peace God and peace with ourselves. 

    Therefore we are considered in true “health” if we are at peace with ourselves and with God. When we are in peace with God, we come to understand that we are healed-even in our trails, even in our pain, even in death itself. We can live well and die well, at peace with God and filled with the healing assurance of eternal life.

    Apostle  Paul , in the book of Romans, shared with us the ultimate form of healing that all Christian most face. I consider that our present suffering are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us…..We ourselves, who have the first fruit of the spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for the redemption of our bodies. 

( Romans 8:18,23) God wants us to be healed even if the means dying well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Video Message